40 Kawhi Leonard Quotes

Kawhi Anthony Leonard is an American professional basketball player for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association. Leonard played two seasons of college basketball for the San Diego State Aztecs and was a consensus second-team All-American as a sophomore.

  • Net Worth: $35 Million
  • Salary: $23 Million
  • Date of Birth: Jun 29, 1991 (28 years old)
  • Gender: Male
  • Height: 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)
  • Profession: Basketball player
  • Nationality: United States of America
  • Last Updated: 2019

1. I've been working hard to be one of the focal points in the NBA, one of the top guys. Kawhi Leonard

2. If I can get back and win a championship, that's what I'm trying to do. Kawhi Leonard
3. Whoever I'm playing against, I go in and try to stop their best scorer and try to get myself going on the offensive end. Kawhi Leonard
4. I don't watch ESPN, don't listen to the radio. I just go home and deal with my family. Kawhi Leonard
5. It's how I've been playing my whole life, guarding the best player on the other team. Kawhi Leonard
6. People would ask what college are you going to, and I'd say, 'San Diego State.' And they'd say, 'Why?' Kawhi Leonard
7. I'm just happy that I get the opportunity to do the things on the court that I do in practice. Kawhi Leonard
8. I try to come in with a focus to stop my man and win the game. I'm always trying to be ready to catch them off their strides by being physical enough without getting fouls. Kawhi Leonard
9. I look at film, but more than watching individual players, I'm trying to watch a team's whole offensive scheme. I'm trying to know their tendencies so I can... guess. That's what it comes down to, really, making the best guess. Kawhi Leonard

10. I was good. I probably could have gone to the NFL. I just hated practice. Kawhi Leonard

11. Playing football helped me a lot. Just reading the quarterback's eyes and reading receivers, figuring out what they want to do. Kawhi Leonard
12. I just think repetition and getting the game reps shooting the ball in games really helps, rather than just practicing. You can get game timing. Kawhi Leonard
13. Everybody in the NBA works on their game. I just tried to follow that lead when I was in high school, college - and now. Kawhi Leonard
14. I'm trying to see what way I could lead so when the opportunity comes, it won't just hit me in the face. Kawhi Leonard
15. I'm just going out there to do my role, the same role - defense first - and then see how the ball turns out on the offensive end. Kawhi Leonard
16. I remember being a teenager and watching 40-year-old Michael Jordan compete in his final All-Star game. Kawhi Leonard
17. When I was growing up, I didn't have a hometown hero. Kawhi Leonard
18. At the end of the day, we all know what the Jordan logo means, and you can't take anything away from that. But it's pretty cool to have my own logo on a Jordan shoe. Kawhi Leonard
19. I'm just playing basketball. I just want to be a great player. That's it. That's all I'm thinking about. If the other stuff comes, it comes, but I'm just fortunate to play in the NBA Finals and just to play basketball, period. Kawhi Leonard
 

20. I always wanted to play both ends of the floor. I never wanted to be one-dimensional. Kawhi Leonard

21. I rarely eat breakfast because of our schedule, actually. If I do, though, I'll try to do an egg-white omelet with some bell peppers and mushrooms. Maybe a side of a bunch of different fruits. Kawhi Leonard
22. I love the game of basketball, and as long as I can do that, keep playing and try to get some more championships with the organization, I'll be happy. Kawhi Leonard
23. It's just the game itself that drives me. I just want to be able to compete at a high level. Kawhi Leonard
24. I don't like to bring attention to myself. I don't like to make a scene. Kawhi Leonard
25. Not all water is great for you. I drink a lot of water during the day, but I stay away from certain waters because their pH levels are low. Stick to alkaline waters with a higher pH. Trust me. Kawhi Leonard
26. I just have to move forward and keep working on my game and getting better. Kawhi Leonard
27. It's definitely fun when you're able to translate your practice into the game. It's fun, and you know that your hard work paid off. Kawhi Leonard
28. There's nothing to be scared of. We're playing basketball. The only thing that could happen is you failing. But as long as you're going hard, there's nothing to be scared of for me. I don't know what there is to be scared of. Kawhi Leonard
29. I'm just living in the moment, trying to win every game. That's all I'm focused on. Kawhi Leonard

30. I like being the underdog so they don't expect what's going to happen. It pushes me to work harder and do the things I'm not doing better. Kawhi Leonard

31. I just want to keep improving, to keep getting better. Kawhi Leonard
32. I'm always trying to come down with a win. That's what matters to me and my squad. Kawhi Leonard
33. I played basketball when I was little because it was fun for me. It still is now. I just love it. I have a passion for it. Kawhi Leonard
34. You just go out there and try to compete and try to make a play for your teammates. Kawhi Leonard
35. I'm not one of the guys in the league for the fame. I'm here so I can take of my family, my mom, my friends and take care of myself. Kawhi Leonard
36. You definitely see a difference in some guys' games when they do get paid. I'm trying to make sure I'm not that player. Kawhi Leonard
37. Coming in, I wanted to be a great player, and right now at the beginning of my career, I'm showing some slight sunshine that I can be the player I want. Kawhi Leonard
38. I'm trying to be one of the greatest players, so whatever level that consists of is where I want to take my game. Kawhi Leonard
39. I can't be impatient. It would show on the floor, and I won't compete if I'm thinking about getting the ball. Kawhi Leonard
40. Whoever I'm playing against, I go in and try to stop their best scorer and try to get myself going on the offensive end. Kawhi Leonard

1 comment:

  1. There are certain clouds over Kawhi Leonard injury concerns. So, what happened to the famous Clippers star? First of all, Clippers had managed to reach the Western Conference finals for the first time in their franchise history last season.

    ReplyDelete