Mark Ruffalo Quotes - How Mark Ruffalo Overcame The Tragedies In His Life and Became The Real-Life HULK

Wow I love this video so much It’s so inspirational and it’s making me cry. I can relate to How mark feels at that point in his life because I’m having a hard time struggling with my identity and I’m afraid of not being successful in the future. Now I realize it’s ok to feel that way sometimes because that’s what makes us human. “We have feelings and it makes us wonder how can we improve ourselves with my our lives and the answer is simple : Keep moving forward and to never give up just because someone has Depression or a learning disability does not mean we can’t succeed in life.  it just means that you have to work harder and if we accomplish that goal we can be successful in the future as long as we believe in ourselves we will succeed in life it just takes a little more effort.”

We all know Mark Ruffalo as the fearless,  big and heroic Hulk. But real life was really hard on him from the very beginning.
If he could come back and smash trough all the tragedies that was thrown at him, so can you!
This is one of my favorite inspirational and motivational success stories and i strongly recommend you to listen till the end.
Mark Ruffalo had a rough time growing up. 
"I was undiagnosed with dyslexia, ADHD and depression in my youth. One of the things that was always very difficult for me was grade school. Feeling like I was strange and unique and freakish. I didn't feel like I fit in anywhere.
He really struggled with his depression through  out his life.
"It's Dysthymia. It's a long-running, low-grade depression all the time," he said. "I've been struggling with that my whole life. It's like a low-grade depression that just is running all the time in the background."
After his family went bankrupt he moved to a small apartment in LA
In 1994, Mark's best friend committed suicide. 
"When he died, it rocked me out of a dark depression. The moment he left, I realized that death wasn't an escape, that suicide wasn't an answer." And he began valuing his life more and took acting as a way to deal with the pain and move forward.


As his career started taking off Mark Ruffalo was faced with the biggest tragedy in his life.
He was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The tumor was behind his ear in a size of a golf ball. 

He underwent the surgery to remove the tumor, but the real battle began after that.
For ten long months Mark Ruffalo had paralyzed facial nerves. He was unable to move the left side of his face and shut his left eye. He also had difficulties maintaining his balance. 
But he never gave up. He was constantly and religiously trying to move his face every day. And slowly but surely, he recovered from the paralysis, but unfortunately he became deaf in his left ear as a result of the tumor.

But life hit him one more time..

In 2008 His brother was murdered at his home. He died by a gunshot wound to the head. 

Mark Ruffalo spent his Younger years appearing in  800 failed auditions, before finding the success he wanted. His perseverance paid off. Him Not giving up paid off.
He gained international success by playing the Marvel Comics character The Hulk in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He began with The Avengers (2012) And we will see him in the Avengers: Endgame (2019).

There is One more thing you should know about Mark Ruffalo.
Meditation saved him from his battle with anxiety. 

I think the success story of Mark Ruffalo is one of the biggest inspirations that exist. All those tragedies he had to overcome, made him appreciate life on a deeper level and made him fight for what he really wanted to do. When life hit him hard, and smashed him on the ground, he slowly but surely stood up, and fought  back. Even trough so much tragedies in his life, he found strength, optimism and hope to chase his dream and and never give up.

List of Top 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes

1. The true value of somebody in this town is very hard to determine. It's all smoke and mirrors. Mark Ruffalo 
2. Smoke Value True Hard A lot of people are living with mental illness around them. Either you love one or you are one. Mark Ruffalo 
3. Love You People Living I did grow up in Kenosha, Wisconsin, around a lot of my mom's family. I had a lot of cousins and aunts and uncles around me, and my sisters and my brother. Probably the most formative part of it was that we grew up on the edge of a forest. It wasn't a big forest, but it was enough. When you're a kid, it feels gigantic. Mark Ruffalo 
4. Family Me You Brother I'd never taken a job purely for money - I felt that would kill me - but I was afraid that I was heading that way. Then, my brother passing away was the final thing that kicked me over. It reminded me that life is short, and you'd better do what you want while you have a chance. Mark Ruffalo 
5. Life Me You Brother The laws of nature tell us there's a finite amount of any substance on the face of the earth, and at some point, that's going to run out. And if we're smart and we have some grace and we have some willingness about our destiny, then we will take ourselves into the renewable world. Mark Ruffalo 
6. Nature Face Smart World What makes Hulk afraid? It's himself. It's a version of himself that's weak. It's a version of himself that's vulnerable. It's a child inside of him. Mark Ruffalo 
7. Child Inside Weak Afraid Also, stick around. Don't lose your heart, just keep going, keep at it. Mark Ruffalo 
8. Heart Keep Going Lose Your I think we've all been kind of... everyone's been hurt, everyone's felt loss, everyone has exultation, everyone has a need to be loved, or to have lost love, so when you play a character, you're pulling out those little threads and turning them up a bit. Mark Ruffalo 
9. Love You Character Loved I think of marriage as a garden. You have to tend to it. Respect it, take care of it, feed it. Make sure everyone is getting the right amount of, um, sunlight. Mark Ruffalo 

10th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

10. Marriage You Respect Think My mom was a hairdresser. My aunt was a hairdresser. My brother was a hairdresser. My sisters are hairdressers. Mark Ruffalo 
11. Love Sad Beautiful Me People say funny things all the time during really serious moments in life. Mark Ruffalo 
12. Life Funny Time People I live a bourgeois life. Mark Ruffalo 
13. Life Live Bourgeois I think where people get into trouble is hiding and feeling ashamed about what they don't have any control over in the first place. Mark Ruffalo 
14. People Feeling Think Place I enjoyed growing up part of my life in Virginia Beach. We had the ocean and the beach and a beautiful landscape. We were outdoors all the time and we played outside. Mark Ruffalo 
15. Life Beautiful Time Beach I was bartending for a long time and going on auditions and was constantly being rebuffed. Mark Ruffalo 
16. Time Long Long Time Being My belief about acting in one foot on a banana peel and the other one in the grave. Mark Ruffalo 
17. Banana Acting Belief About After the brain tumor happened, I realized I love acting, I've always loved it, I may never get a chance to do it again. Mark Ruffalo 
18. Love Loved Brain Chance I have a very dear family and very dear friends. They're my rock. These are people who knew me from the beginning, you know, as a loser in a 1972 Dodge Dart with the bumper literally duct-taped to the body. Mark Ruffalo 
19. Family Me You People What is happiness other than a negotiation between reality and your dreams? It's understanding that you give up something for something else. I feel like that's been how I've been trying to be happy, although in my DNA there's more of a depressed person. Mark Ruffalo 

20th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

20. Dreams Happiness Be Happy You My real baby is renewable energy. I feel like whoever starts to crack this nut is going to have a pretty clear shot at the White House. It's a $2 trillion business that America's being left out of. Mark Ruffalo 
21. Business Baby White Feel I woke up one morning with the knowledge that I had a brain tumor. It wasn't so much that I dreamt I had a brain tumor; it was like someone just poured the knowledge into my head. It wasn't like an image; it was just like knowing. It was so weird, which is why I paid attention. Mark Ruffalo 
22. Morning Knowledge Brain Weird It's imperative that we opt out of the fossil fuel endgame. Mark Ruffalo 
23. Out Fuel Fossil Imperative I've just been more interested in doing film right now and I don't want to go away from my family for six months, which was what I would have had to have done if I did the play on Broadway. Mark Ruffalo 
24. Family Doing Go Done Yeah, there's a tendency to get pigeonholed in Hollywood. Mark Ruffalo 
25. Hollywood Get Tendency Yeah Do theater. Because you'll develop a craft that you'll always have. It'll give you a chance to really learn how to act and you won't go into the world with a few measly tricks that will only carry you so far. Mark Ruffalo 
26. You World Chance Go With social media, you have this new kind of way to communicate with people that's very immediate, sometimes alarmingly so, sometimes painfully so. If you could just hold some objectivity, a very direct, unfiltered, raw reflection of the way something is landing in the culture without any spin, or filtration, or anything, it's very raw. Mark Ruffalo 
27. You People Reflection Social Media I've been having a lot of fun with the Hulk motion-capture stuff, actually. The only distinction that I hold is that I am the only actor to ever play Banner and the Hulk. Mark Ruffalo I Am Fun Play Only I have mental illness in my family. I have a lot of compassion for those people. Mark Ruffalo 
28. Family People Compassion Mental I'm like a Depression-era person as far as acting goes. It's sort of like, grab it while you can and make the most of what's in front of you. The first 'Avengers' opened up a host of things that I've been struggling to get made for a long period of time. Mark Ruffalo 
29. Time You Long Person Commercials that are geared towards kids. I think they should just, like, wipe them out. Mark Ruffalo 
Think Like Just Out I had to work on a Marlin boat, like gutting fish, like as the bait boy. Mark Ruffalo 

30th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

30. Work Boat Boy Fish I come from a traditional theater background. Mark Ruffalo 
31. Come Background Traditional Theater I became an actor so I didn't have to be myself. Mark Ruffalo 
32. Myself Actor Became I like to disappear in the parts I play. Mark Ruffalo 
33. Play Like Disappear Parts As we're bombarded with the imagery that we are and now, post 9-11, it's hard not to get hardened by the world and the amount of violence that's allowed to be shown to kids these days. Mark Ruffalo 
34. World Hard Violence Now The problem to me is violence. It's not cool to kill somebody or hurt people. Mark Ruffalo 
35. Me Cool People Hurt We're warriors, this culture, and we're very puritanical about sex and very embracing about violence and I don't know why that is. Mark Ruffalo 
36. Culture Sex Know Violence I do readings at the public library. I just did a benefit scene night for my old acting teacher. Mark Ruffalo 
37. Teacher Night Library Acting We'll engage in pretty extreme violence in the world but, you know, the one thing that comes to humans as easily as eating or breathing or sleeping, is sex. Mark Ruffalo 
38. You World Eating Sex But, the relationships that I see work - As long as they're telling the truth, and saying the things that you don't ever want to have to say to another human being. Mark Ruffalo 
39. Work You Truth Long I don't want to feel like I'm stuck doing one-stock performances. Mark Ruffalo 

40th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

40. Feel Doing Want Like I didn't really have any interest in producing anything. Mark Ruffalo 
41. Anything Interest Really Any The one great thing about a continuing collaboration is that they know you. And if you're really lucky, they really believe in you and think that your talent has some unending bounds to it. Mark Ruffalo 
42. You Believe Talent Great Literally, I think I've quit acting three or four times, only for a few days. Maybe for a few weeks. Mark Ruffalo 
43. Think Three Acting Quit And my mother caught wind of this. She never had really tried to guide my career or really had any say in my life as an adult, but this was the one time she said she would never speak to me again if I quit acting. Mark Ruffalo 
44. Life Mother Me Time It's a difficult undertaking. I've been married for four years and I see this movie as a cautionary tale about people who've gone deeply out of communication. Mark Ruffalo 
45. Communication People See Difficult I still feel like I'm trying to make it. It's hard to shed the struggling actor thing. Mark Ruffalo 
46. Feel Hard Trying Like I like to think the movies that I've picked have something worthwhile to say. Something relevant. Mark Ruffalo 
47. Think Movies Something Say I don't know, one out of every two marriages ends up in divorce so there's a lot of great people out there who people aren't happy with. Mark Ruffalo 
48. People Happy Great Know My personal belief is that you carry your own water in a relationship. If you see a girl and you think she's hot, that's a very human reaction, but you don't go and tell your spouse that, you know? So in one way it's how you behave. Mark Ruffalo 
49. Relationship Water Girl Hot I ran to my marriage, I was happily ready to take on marriage. Mark Ruffalo 

50th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

50. Marriage Ready Take Happily But in my heart of hearts, this is the kind of thing... this is what everyone is struggling with in their lives - relationships and family. To me, it's always an interesting area to mine. I'm drawn to it. Mark Ruffalo 
51. Family Me Heart Always I remember riding my bike down the boardwalk with nowhere to go and looking at the girls. It was really innocent. Mark Ruffalo 
52. Bike Looking Down Riding I always like having kid energy around. I think it's good for a movie, even when you're doing dramatic stuff. Mark Ruffalo 
53. Good You Think Energy I don't like this idea of Method. I come from that school, but what I was taught was that it's your imagination. You do your homework, and you use your imagination. Mark Ruffalo 
54. You Imagination School Your Certainly, it's very easy to fall in love with cash. If you're going to make all your decisions based on cash, you're going to have a pretty naffy career. Mark Ruffalo 
55. Love You Fall Your With indies, all they have is their script and it's very important to them. The characters are better drawn, the stories more precise and the experience greater than with studio films where sometimes they fill in the script as they're shooting. Mark Ruffalo 
56. Experience Better Sometimes Important I love acting with kids, cause they're great acting partners. They're totally present. Even when they're acting, they're still available and you can crack them up or something weird will happen and they'll go with it. Mark Ruffalo 
57. Love You Great Weird I want to do a western. Nobody does westerns anymore. Mark Ruffalo 
58. Nobody Want Anymore Does People use the Method as a shield; it shields them from being vulnerable. I hear all these young actors who are like, 'I'm Method, I'm gonna go live in the house, you know, I totally get it, I've done it, I've been there', but one thing I know is it kills spontaneity. Mark Ruffalo 
59. You People Live Know They would never let me be a crossing guard when I was a little kid. It would come up, I'd always raise my hand, I would never get picked . They thought I was too wild, but I knew I was responsible enough, if I was given that task. Mark Ruffalo 

60th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

60. Me Thought Wild Never For some reason, my whole life has been, 'You can't do this, you can't do that.' Mark Ruffalo 
61. Life You Some Reason 'What Doesn't Kill You' is a really great movie that was little seen but, I think, is one of my personal favorites. Mark Ruffalo 
61. You Great Think Personal If you're not yelling at your kids, then you're not spending enough time with them! Mark Ruffalo 
62. Time You Your Enough Shakespeare does a great job of taking 5,000-year-old stories and turning them into modern pieces that are true to the original essence but are completely remade. Mark Ruffalo 
63. Great Job True Modern Whatever we want to think about American business - work hard, tell the truth, have morality - it's a myth. There's a lot of graft. Mark Ruffalo 
64. Work Business Truth Work Hard When you get to be a 45-year-old man, you start to realize: 'I know who I am, and I know who I'm not. I know my shortcomings, I know my strengths; maybe some of my shortcomings are my strengths.' You start to face yourself as you truly are. Mark Ruffalo 
65. Yourself Face I Am You I don't have to be a leading man. I can be a character actor. That's really what interests me anyway. Mark Ruffalo 
66. Me Man Character I Can It's been up, down, and sideways for me, man. I could become a huge star, or I could get cancer tomorrow. Mark Ruffalo 
67. Me Man Tomorrow Down For the longest time, I was Scott Ruffalo's brother. I mean, he was the mayor of Beverly Hills. He was just so beloved there. Mark Ruffalo 
68. Time Brother Mean Beverly Hills It seems like they conflate Bruce and the Hulk. It's usually, 'Hulk!' as I'm walking across the street. But sometimes it's 'Banner!' If you go on my Twitter feed, you'll see it's mostly Hulk. I think it was pretty spectacular what we were able to accomplish with CGI with 'The Hulk,' and I can't take full credit for that. Mark Ruffalo 
69. You Walking Think Street I don't like to go to the gym very much if I can help it. Mark Ruffalo 

70th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

70. Gym I Can Go Help I've never Googled myself on the Internet. Mark Ruffalo 
71. Myself Internet Never I was an introverted kid; I liked my time alone. And the rest of my family is pretty extroverted, so I felt like a bit of an oddball. They're very gregarious and charming and charismatic people. I always felt like I was struggling as a young person. I think everyone was very surprised to hear that I wanted to be an actor. Mark Ruffalo 
72. Family Alone Time People You really can have your dreams and at the same time have a family. But it has to be a really deliberate practice. Mark Ruffalo 
73. Dreams Family Time You When you're a young actor, and you're really fighting to have your place in the world - for me, anyway - it took a mental focus and energy and striving. It took a long time. And it was my whole life. Mark Ruffalo 
74. Life Me Time You I never used to get photographed and people asking for autographs. I don't mind the autographs, but the paparazzi I find weird. As an actor, you want to be able to regard the world instead of having it regard you. Mark Ruffalo 
75. You People Mind World Sometimes, as an actor, you're so deeply immersed in a part that you lose control of it. If you're really lucky, a few times in your life it'll take you somewhere you never expected to go. It really blows the top off your understanding of your craft. Mark Ruffalo 
76. Life You Lose Sometimes I was probably 8 years old; my mom let me stay up one night. She's like, 'You have to see this movie.' It was 'A Streetcar Named Desire,' and it was on TV, and it was a big deal. And I saw Marlon Brando, and I was like, 'Oh, my God.' That's where it started. Mark Ruffalo 
77. Me God You Night I didn't apply to any colleges - I lied to all my friends and told them I was going to UCSD, because all their parents would be like, 'Mark, where're you going to college?' and I'd just lie 'cause I felt it was unrealistic to be an actor. Mark Ruffalo 
78. You Parents Lie Friends I did a series of these soft-core horror movies called 'Mirror Mirror.' I got killed in 'em all - and each time, I came back as a different character. They were all straight-to-video. Mark Ruffalo 
79. Mirror Time Character Movies The fracking chemicals sit in open pits, get trucked around, or sent through pipelines that can burst. What do you think happens when frack chemicals and floods and storm swollen rivers mix? Mark Ruffalo 

80th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

80. You Storm Think Happens If I'm working in the city, then as soon as I'm home, I try to lock in on my son for a few hours. Every day. I see how important it is that he's starting to come into my world now. It's just an effort to give him that male mode of being. Mark Ruffalo 
81. Day Son Home City My surfboard is a 7-foot-3-inch spoon made by Rip Curl, kind of between a longboard and a shortboard. Surfing brings me into the here and now. It's a dance with the present. Mark Ruffalo 
82. Me Dance Present Now The sculptor Frosty Myers and I met when we were bidding against each other at an auction. He's an eccentric, a liberal with a collection of rifles, and his stuff is big art. We share a love of tractors. I'm trading him one for a piece of art. Mark Ruffalo 
83. Love Art Big Against I have two hammocks, one Mayan and one Guatemalan, both family size because I like to lie in them perpendicular. When I'm working on a character, I lie in them and daydream. They're the best tools for working that I have. Mark Ruffalo 
84. Family Best Character Lie I normally don't have that much confidence. I usually am trying to talk to directors out of giving me a job. Mark Ruffalo 
85. Confidence Me Job Trying I'm a very hands-on father. I like being a hands-on father. I am probably more like one of my kids in my family, but the dominating kid. Mark Ruffalo 
86. Family Father I Am More As an actor, you can do everything. I grew up in the theater, and you could do a musical, a comedy, a tragedy. Mark Ruffalo 
87. You Comedy Tragedy Everything I want to get into some television. There might be a perception about me being only a movie actor, you know, and there's this whole new sort of frontier opening up in that medium. Mark Ruffalo 
88. Me You Opening Know When I left my Catholic school, I was around 10 or 11 years old, and it started to unravel for me there. Kids pick up on things if you're interested and inquisitive. I was seeing things that were not in line with what I'd been taught about Jesus. It didn't jive with me. Mark Ruffalo 
89. Me You School Things Actors, like it or not, their voices carry deeply into the culture: people look towards them for attitudes, for right or wrong, and today, the mainstream media doesn't really balance the unheard. Mark Ruffalo 

95th of 95 Mark Ruffalo Quotes 

90. Today People Culture Look It's a mature thing to understand that your pictures of a lifetime together with someone were... well, the reality is not what we're taught. Mark Ruffalo 
91. Together Reality Understand Your My mom was a hairstylist, but she quit doing that to raise the kids - there were four of us. There was no money. Mark Ruffalo 
92. Money Mom Doing She Every piece of geopolitical strife that's happening in the world today is revolved around energy, either trying to grab resources or people using resources to fund radical groups. Mark Ruffalo 
93. Today People World Energy All of us have got to pay into a certain system, and what we're saying is it's 100% American that every American should be able to create, store and sell their own energy as they see fit. Let's decentralize energy. Let's democratize energy. Mark Ruffalo 
94. Energy See Own Saying I'd always been close to my brother. Very close. Mark Ruffalo 
95. Brother Always Been Close You have to remember that for more than half my life - probably until my children were born - acting was everything to me. I was obsessed by it, and I spent so much time just trying to get to the point where I was being paid to do it. Literally, I spent every waking moment thinking about acting. Mark Ruffalo 

*Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Mark Ruffalo Quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.

Which are your favorite Mark Ruffalo Quotes! Leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment