Sophie Turner Quotes - How Sophie Turner Beat Depression And Became Sansa Stark on Game Of Thrones

Sophie Turner is part of the most famous TV show Ever - Game of thrones. Many girls would do anything to be where she is today.. but sadly, in our heads things are seen very differently.
"I was in a really special position and I count myself very lucky for that, but I don't think I viewed myself as worthy of anything that I was doing."

 Sophie Turner Quotes

Sophie's depression began when she was 17, four years into her role on GOT. She thinks that social media played a big part of her poor mental health, because people made terrible comments about her weight and her skin at the time and her self-esteem as a teenager was lower than ever.
"I would just believe it. I would just say, 'Yeah, I am spotty. Yeah I am fat. I am a bad actress.' And I just believed it.".

"I've suffered with my depression for five or six years now. The biggest challenge for me is getting out of bed and getting out of the house. Learning to love yourself is the biggest challenge. 
I
"I was withdrawn, I had no motivation to do anything or go out or, even with my best friends, I wouldn't want to see them, or go out and eat with them
"I just would cry and cry and cry over just getting changed and putting on clothes and be like, 'I can't do this. I can't go outside. I have nothing that I want to do'".

But Sophie took the matter in her own hands and asked for help. And step by step she's starting to feel better.


"I feel much better. I've been doing therapy, I'm on medication and I love myself now, or more than I used to, I think.
I'm learning what my hobbies are nowadays, cause that was something that i stripped away from myself for years cause i would just do nothing, and work..
People shouldn't be ashamed of it.. so many people are plagued with depression, anxiety, or body issues, and so if people just spoke about it, if people would just like opened up to their friends even, their family, it would be OK. Other people suffer with it too.. And all you do is you just have to speak to someone and you can get the help that you need, you can plague with therapy, or if it really comes down to it.. Medication.. You could change that, you could change that thing about yourself. People just need to know that it's OK to talk about it.

Sophie Turner Quotes

List of top 46 Sophie Turner Quotes

1. Courtesy is a lady's armor. Sophie Turner
2. I'm an unlucky charm... don't go anywhere with me. Sophie Turner   
3. 'If you believe, you can achieve' - that's my motto! Sophie Turner     
4. When I was younger, my mum used to dress me in, like, lime green leggings with a matching neon jumper and hair scrunch, so I'd say I've definitely progressed since then in terms of style. Sophie Turner    
5. Once every lunar eclipse, you should be able to see me smile! Sophie Turner    
6. To me, bravery is to stand up for what you believe in. Sophie Turner   
7. I don't really have a process. I'm very much an in-the-moment actress. I suppose I just kind of wing it because I feel that as long as I know my character, I should be able to be spontaneous on set. Sophie Turner    
8. Some days I want to look like a hipster kid, and then other days I want to be prim and proper. I really wish I had, like, seven lives so I could go from being a hipster one day to a punk the next. But that's the great thing about fashion. In a way, it's like acting, because you can try on all these different roles. Sophie Turner    
9. You've got to be happy when you play a sad character; otherwise, you just get depressed. Make your real life as fun as possible. Sophie Turner    
10. You don't want to be innocent in the world of 'Game of Thrones.' Sophie Turner    
11. I can't watch 'Titanic' without breaking down within the first 10 minutes. You know, when it got re-released in 3D, I went to see it again. My mom came to pick me up from the cinema, and I was just bawling my eyes out. Sophie Turner    
12. My character from 'Panda Eyes,' Fay, is the character I see myself in a lot. Sophie Turner    
13. I feel the pressure to be toned, yeah, and everyone's going on about the thigh gap, but I like food more than exercise, so I'll just carry on that way. Sophie Turner    
14. Just before my 16th birthday, Natalie Dormer said to me, 'As soon as you turn 16, you're going to work adult hours. People will try take advantage of you, so it's important not to be a pushover.' Sophie Turner    
15. Ghostly things don't really scare me, but they really intrigue me. Sophie Turner    
16. Root for the girls who wear dresses and are intellectually very strong. Sophie Turner    
17. There are no black and white, good or bad characters in 'Game Of Thrones,' but Joffrey was an exception. Just pure evil. Sophie Turner    
18. I don't think that the status of a show, big or small, should affect a person's performance. Sophie Turner    
19. It's quite nice coming off doing a dark, upsetting scene. It's a relief that that's over with, and then you can get back to happy old Sophie. Sophie Turner    
20. I find it quite easy to get in and out of character. I don't know why - I guess it's my job. Sophie Turner
21. When I was younger, before I was born, I lost my twin, so I think I've always had a fascination for telepathy or the way that twins act and react with each other. Sophie Turner    
22. Clearly I'm really attracted to parts where there's a dark, sinister feel about them! Sophie Turner 
23. I learn something new everyday about myself as an actor, my capabilities, how far I can stretch myself, throw out emotions I never knew I had. Sophie Turner   
24. A lot of fans that recognize me go, 'I kind of hate you,' and I'm all, 'Cool, well, you've just made this sufficiently awkward.' Sophie Turner    
25. I think I'm not really into the handsome, chivalrous knight; I like the bad boys. Sophie Turner    
26. My whole adolescence has been on 'Game of Thrones;' I don't know what I'm going to do without it. Sophie Turner    
27. I found it really difficult when teachers talked down to me. Sophie Turner    
28. I will be able to look back on my teen years as spent on a television set just having the biggest bunch of fun. Sophie Turner    
29. Growing up, I always wanted a dog, but my parents never wanted one. Sophie Turner    
30. Listen - and I don't care who knows it - I'm a Belieber! Sophie Turner    
31. The one fiction show I watch is 'Hannibal.' I love it! Sophie Turner    
32. How can you not love Jack Gleeson? He's amazing. He's the nicest guy. Sophie Turner    
33. Every audition that I walk out of where I think I nailed it, I never get that job, ever. Sophie Turner    
34. On 'Game of Thrones,' all of my closest friends are 30 upwards, which is quite strange. Sophie Turner    
35. I think that you form the way that you act from others around you; it's a kind of an environmental thing. Sophie Turner    
36. I would love to work with Jack Nicholson, Saoirse Ronan, Michael Shannon and James Franco in the future. I think those actors are amazing, and they are my favourite actors by far. Sophie Turner    
37. Stephen Daldry would be a director that I would love to work with as well as Peter Jackson, Tim Burton, and I'm very lucky to have worked with Isabel Coixet, who is also one of my favourite directors. Sophie Turner    
38. When I was growing up, I always saw Karen Millen as a resource for women who were a bit older. Sophie Turner    
39. Matthew Williamson has always been a favourite of mine, and I am definitely also rooting for up-and-coming designers like Michael van der Ham. Sophie Turner    
40. In a lot of TV shows out there, the women are the weak ones, and the men are the strong ones. Sophie Turner    
41. Obviously I've had crushes, and I've tried to make things work with people, but it doesn't when you're away so much. I like to think, 'Don't go looking for it; it'll happen when it wants to happen.' Sophie Turner    
42. I used to fancy Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I didn't tell him that when we worked together on 'Another Me.' Sophie Turner
43. I'm a Rihanna, Beyonce kind of person. Sophie Turner 
44. I don't get any dates; that's the thing. Sophie Turner    
45. I really like The Vamps. I'm friends with a couple of the guys from the band, so that's fun. Sophie Turner    
46. When I was fifteen, I got a Tiffany's necklace from the producers of 'Game of Thrones' with my character's name Sansa engraved on it. Sophie Turner

*Thanks for viewing this collection of the best Sophie Turner Quotes! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.

Which are your favorite Sophie Turner Quotes! Leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment