30 Most Inspirational Roger Federer Quotes of All Time

Roger Federer is a Swiss professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No. 3 in men's singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals. 

 roger federer quotes
  • Rеаl Nаmе/Full Nаmе: Rоgеr Fеdеrеr
  • Аgе: 38 уеаrѕ Воrn on 8 Аuguѕt 1981
  • Неіght: 6ft 0.99іn (185.4сm)
  • Gіrlfrіеnd: N/А
  • Wіfе: Міrkа Fеdеrеr m. 2009
  • Сhіldrеn: Муlа Rоѕе Fеdеrеr , Сhаrlеnе Rіvа Fеdеrеr , Lео Fеdеrеr Аnd Lеnnаrt Fеdеrеr
  • Nеt Wоrth: $500 Міllіоn
  • Ѕоurсе оf Wеаlth: Теnnіѕ Рlауеr

1. Success is a nice thing because it always means you’ve taken a step forward and it gives you a sense of pride, which in turn gives you confidence and experience, a positive circle, so to speak. Roger Federer

2. I’m a very positive thinker, and I think that is what helps me the most in difficult moments. Roger Federer
3. When you do something best in life, you don’t really want to give that up, and for me it’s tennis. Roger Federer
4. Sometimes you have to accept that a guy played better on the day than you. Roger Federer
5. This year I guess I decided in the bigger matches to take it more to my opponent instead of waiting a bit more for the mistakes. Yeah, this is I guess how you want to win Wimbledon, is by going after your shots, believing you can do it, and that’s what I was able to do today.  Roger Federer
6. There is no way around hard work. Embrace it. You have to put in the hours because there’s always something which you can improve. Roger Federer  
7. I think it’s very hard for coaches to work with me. They’ll no doubt have a good CV afterwards, but at the same time they’re under a lot of pressure. Roger Federer 
8. There was a time where some players didn’t believe they could beat the top guys. So maybe there’s a little bit of a thing happening at the moment. I’m happy about that, that players believe they can beat the best on the biggest courts in the biggest matches.  Roger Federer
9. What I think I’ve been able to do well over the years is play with pain, play with problems, play in all sorts of conditions. Roger Federer 

10. I am now the Wimbledon champion, and I think that gives me even more confidence coming to the Olympics. And maybe in some ways, it maybe takes some pressure off the Olympics, because I already did win at Wimbledon this year. Roger Federer 

11. I always believe if you’re stuck in a hole and maybe things aren’t going well you will come out stronger. Everything in life is this way. Roger Federer 
12. It is always in my mind still that I can crush anybody. That’s not an issue. But I think that is the same for most athletes. If you don’t believe you can win tournaments anymore, then you can’t do it. Roger Federer
13. You have to believe in the long term plan you have but you need the short term goals to motivate and inspire you. Roger Federer
14. I enjoyed the position I was in as a tennis player. I was to blame when I lost. I was to blame when I won. And I really like that, because I played soccer a lot too, and I couldn’t stand it when I had to blame it on the goalkeeper. Roger Federer
15. My dad said if you become a tennis professional just make sure you get into the top hundred, because you have to make a little bit of money. You make a living so you can pay your coaching and, you know, your travels. Roger Federer
16. Clearly, when you win everything, it’s fun. That doesn’t necessarily mean you love the game more. Roger Federer
17. Early in my career, I struggled with consistency, but I couldn’t get more consistent than this year. Roger Federer
18. This year I guess I decided in the bigger matches to take it more to my opponent instead of waiting a bit more for the mistakes. Yeah, this is I guess how you want to win Wimbledon, is by going after your shots, believing you can do it, and that’s what I was able to do today. Roger Federer
19. You always want to win. That is why you play tennis, because you love the sport and try to be the best you can at it. Roger Federer
 

20. Before, I guess, mum and dad were everything, but now, in my case, I had two new girls and all of a sudden they’re completely dependent on you and there’s a third generation. It’s a funny shift all of a sudden. You have the babies, you have yourself and then you have your parents. Roger Federer

21. The serve, I think, is the most difficult, you know, in terms of coordination, because you got the two arms going, and you got to toss it up at the right time so. Roger Federer
22. Once you find that peace, that place of peace and quiet, harmony and confidence, that’s when you start playing your best. Roger Federer
23. Success is a nice thing because it always means you’ve taken a step forward and it gives you a sense of pride, which in turn gives you confidence and experience, a positive circle, so to speak. Roger Federer
24. You have to put in a lot of sacrifice and effort for sometimes little reward but you have to know that if you put in the right effort the reward will come. Roger Federer
25. The serve, I was too young and too small and not enough powerful to have a good serve when I was young, so my forehand was always my signature shot. So I used to always run around my backhand, you know, use my forehand as much as I could, and so that’s why I think it’s my strength also today.
26. Sometimes I am a different character in different languages. I have different enjoyment from them. Sometimes different answers come out of me. Like, I didn’t even know that about me. I get to know myself through different languages, actually. Roger Federer
27. I used to get nervous, you know if my parents would come watch. And then I would get nervous if my friends came and watched. Today it’s not a problem anymore actually because now I enjoy it. I see that they, you know, respect me immensely, and I try to put on a good show and show that I can still play very good tennis. Roger Federer
28. I am extremely proud and honoured to have beaten Pete Sampras’s record as he was my childhood hero and I have always looked up to him. Roger Federer
29. My favorite shot is always gonna be the forehand. It used to always be my favorite shot when I was young, so its the one I’ve won all the points with. Roger Federer
30. Previously I always thought it was just tactical and technique, but every match has become almost mental and physical-I try to push myself to move well. I try to push myself not to get upset and stay positive, and that’s what my biggest improvement is over all those years. Under pressure I can see things very clear. Roger Federer

No comments:

Post a Comment